St. Joseph School was established in the 1880's. The original school building was demolished in the 1950's when the first section of the present school was built. Several additions were built in the 1960's and 1990's to expand the capacity of the school, which today provides an excellent education to over 250 students.
In 2010 the school earned the prestigious “Blue Ribbon of Excellence” award from the US Department of Education, marking out St. Joseph among the state's highest performing schools. In 2016 St. Joseph’s Principal, Lynne Scheffler, won two prestigious national awards as a Distinguished Principal from both the National Catholic Educational Association and the National Association of Elementary School Principals. St. Joseph Parish is proud to run an amazing school which is the recipient of numerous national honors. Please visit our National Awards page to learn more.